Here are some tell-tale signs:
1. it’s a thought that has been irritating you for days
2. it’s been weighing you down
3. you talk about it with anyone that will listen
4. you’ve spent a considerable amount of time trying to make sense of it
5. it makes you want to withdraw
6. it makes you angry
7. it makes you feel stressed
8. And you know it’s out of your control.
What if you put that thought in a balloon and let it float away? How would that feel?
“The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it.”
Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now
Based on personal experience my advice is let that thought go and focus on what you can control, where you can actually do something and make a difference.
Coach, Communicator & Collaborator